Sunday, January 31, 2010

Illegal To Leave Car While It Is Running Is It Illegal To Park In Front Of A House At Night And Stay In The Car For A Couple Of Minutes?

Is it illegal to park in front of a house at night and stay in the car for a couple of minutes? - illegal to leave car while it is running

Me and my girlfriend wanted to go to his house and began to talk about something, so I stopped at a street at random, Burbank, CA. I was not parked outside the unit or near what it was legally parked on the street, on public lands in a public park, where parking is no sign that you are not there.

After 5 minutes, I see a light behind my car and I now look forward to my eyes, I opened the door and says a man I can help you with anything? I told him to stop flashing light in his eyes, said that if I go, I said I'm leaving because I do not do anything illegal. The case threatens to fight with me and threatened to give the police, which in turn in my car because I do not want to ruin the night call. As soon as I turned around and called me not to catch a pussy, then I turn on the car and say I'll wait here until the police arrive here. We curse at each other for a while.

He adds that they have this problem every night, because it is adLoading the street and the people here on drugs and other things and says I'm like finally dispatched guys.So Anyway, if I have the police not to want to see, we spoil our night. What would have happened if the police came? Did I miss something illegal?

Also be aware that we are in the front seat with tinted windows and not just talk.

3 comments:

Gregg DesElms said...

I do not understand where these people mad ideas when they come here and answer these questions.

If you parked in the street, and if somehow the wrong place, then they have violated no law.

No one has control over the street outside his house. Period. Not on the sidewalk, or, or the grass strip between the sidewalk and the curb. Owner sphere of influence ends at the edge of the closest to the sidewalk in front of the house. Period.

No owner has the right to do what the owner.

And he only did Aggression ... the "danger", at least. When he began making threats, real specific, which probably crossed the line of crime ... Although some police officers will probably act that under the given circumstances.

How the police behaved, however, if it so far ... who knows. Not all police officers know the law, and it probably should. Some police officials flat-out fracturew, sometimes. But I doubt that any of these things is the case, you were.

Most police officers, in contrast to the claims of his opponents, and be fair in a position to determine the veracity of these problems and to act. Who knows, maybe you also get the one that the illegality of this kind, which come to you to stop and took ... or at least put the fear of God in him. You never know.

You just beat up smart, though. No escape ... I mean that. But just quietly exit (while shaking his head in disbelief when it is make you feel better), something you probably should have done before. It's easier these potential nightmares that are still struggling to avoid all battles.

In the end everything went well. And hell, he was at least one block in Burbank, known to be where I will probably stop talking about the future. [smile]

I hope that helps.


PS A thought: The next time you think only your cell phone and tell the homeowners nuts(or anyone ... including a policeman) who are no longer only because I needed to use his cell phone and could not find (its speakerphone or unwilling to find any risk of crash when trying to connect to and during the trip ). Would simply point to the nearest phone to your ear, but state laws against the use of cellphones while driving, if you are using a speakerphone requires that you have to stop for a few minutes just to take your call. This probably would end the issue once and for all.

Rooker said...

Yes, because he parked in front of a property that is not owned, on the otherhand if the law had introduced reinforcements, which are most likely to explain why they include parked outside a house that you do not ThSt live, and say what you and your girlfriend were at that moment and what's stopping you?

Justin said...

They were both wrong. Him to behave like a madman and behave like a step backwards.

Look at the side of the fence. They are at home. Maybe he has a wife and children to bed. You look out the window and someone parked in front of her house.

You'll see what happens, too.

Post a Comment