Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hypothyroidism In Cats What Is The Proper Dosage Of Thyroid Replacement Hormone For Cats?

What is the proper dosage of thyroid replacement hormone for cats? - hypothyroidism in cats

Please help me. I have a 4-year-old cat was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. His only symptom is paralysis. He can not walk. His account of T4 was below the minimum and the vet him on taking hormone replacement therapy. They do not work and I do not know what to do now. I want a miracle. Can you help me?

3 comments:

Ms. S said...

The dosage depends on many factors - the weight and construction of the cats in the blood and specific symptoms, etc. Speak with your veterinarian or seek a second opinion, if for some reason you do not trust the former. No one can help the issue on the Internet, then a vet can - you need to make the cat "in person" and have all the information available.

Good luck, hope you your miracle!

Anonymous said...

Hyperthyroidism can lead to heart failure. Heart failure can be a blood clot, which stops at the end of the spine broke cause all the blood flow to the legs. This leads to paralysis and breakdown of all living tissues to obtain blood. I'm worried that not know the dose for an Rx. Where'd you get your medications? Please do not attempt self-treatment at the expense of your cat! I know you're only trying to help, but you should call a vet! There are emergency vets open 24 / 7 for these things. I hope the best!

leftygir... said...

Then please contact your veterinarian. This is a serious disease that can not help you.

Post a Comment